As bowls is a year-round, inclusive sport, there are always opportunities to get involved even if playing is not for you, by volunteering your time and expertise you can make a huge difference to the sport either at a local or national level.
Here are a few examples of how you can join in:
To help your local club
- Help with setting up/closing at your local club
- Help with marketing activities, or organising events to promote your club
- Help coach new or young players
- Help set up a ‘Bowls Buddy’ scheme to welcome and retain new members
- Assist with the governance of your club and help make it a success
- Look at possible funding opportunities to help your club develop
To help at competitions and events
- Help with the organising and set up at events/competitions
- Help assist umpires at competitions or other events
- Help with stewarding
- Help guide spectators
- At competitions, be a scoreboard operator/marker
To help bowls reach its full potential in Wales
- Take up a role with your National Governing Body or Service Organisation or even both
- Look on the BowlsWales website for volunteer positions within the sport
- Assist with the various governance requirements for your NGB/SO or nationally through BowlsWales
This is just a snapshot of the volunteer opportunities that are available within bowls at both a local and national level. If you would like to get involved please contact your National Governing Body, Service Organisation or even both to see how you can help.
Club Solutions has been developed by Sport Wales to provide help for sports clubs and volunteers in Wales by providing a wealth of information, guidance and advice. So, if you have questions about anything to do with your club, or simply need a bit of help with a query, Club solutions is your one stop shop for guidance. More information is available on the Club Solutions website.
Watch this YouTube video to find out more.
Sign up to the Club Solutions Newsletter.
You can also sign up to receive the Club Solutions newsletter here.
BowlsWales is committed to making Bowls a safe sport for all its members.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest news and events information from BowlsWales. Read our most recent newsletters here.
By providing us with your contact details, you are agreeing that they can be used to let you know more about the work of BowlsWales. With GDPR regulations now in force we want to reassure you that we only keep your data for the purpose for which you have subscribed, and that you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.